Hey, I'm David Wolff.
I am a very self-motivated software and game designer. In my freetime, I enjoy designing and developing mobile and desktop games and experimenting with new languages and tools. I started doing this at the very young age of 8 years old and continue to improve my skills.
- ASP.Net MVC
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows XP
- Mac OS
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Beyond Compare
- Win Forms
- Entity Framework
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013/2015
- Mono develop
- Test Driven Development
Software Engineer, STEALTHbits
Aug. 2015 – Present
- StealthAUDIT: a powerful framework used to audit the security of many different enterprise tools. It is the backbone of the STEALTHbits product line. More specifically, I maintain and improve the Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory query and action modules.
Software Engineering Intern, Dell
June 2013 – Aug. 2015
- Prerequisites application: a C# framework that verifies the prerequisites for an application are met prior to installation. Allows teams to easily extend the application to meet the needs of their product. Application uses reflection to load components at runtime and threading to execute multiple checks simultaneously.
- Prerequisites application configuration website: An ASP.Net MVC web application that easily allows teams to create a configuration for the Prerequisites application. Combines Razor, AngularJS, and CUI, a Dell proprietary look and feel, to deliver a positive user experience.
- Migrator for Notes to Exchange: C++ application, repairing customer bugs and adding new features. Product utilizes the Lotus Notes API and the Microsoft API to make connections to a Domino server and an Exchange server to migrate email accounts.
- PowerShell integration: taking existing product, Notes Migrator to Exchange, and creating a full featured binary PowerShell module in C# to enable automate testing/usage by QA staff and third parties.
Computer Technician/Customer Service, Mark's Mulch
April 2010 – Aug. 2012Menomonee Falls, WI
- Company website: updated in 2015. ASP.Net website to display available products and allowing customers to place orders. Website connects to a MySQL database using Entity Framework 7.
- Point of Sales software: updated in 2015. A C# Win Forms application used to keep track of inventory, orders placed by customers, employee timecards, etc. using the same API as the website. Deployed to company machines using a WIX installer.
- Order calculator: initial version. A VB.Net used to calculate order totals. Calculates order totals, tax, shipping costs, and discounts. Product list and pricing information loaded from a CSV.
2012 – 2015Madison, WI
B.S. in Software Development With a Concentration in Computer Programming
- Herzing Arcade Cabinet Launcher Software
A C# application that allows student made games to be launched with the use of the built in joystick, while maintaining the retro feel of the cabinet itself.
- Student Senate
Sept. 2012 – Sept. 2013
- Herzing Coalition of Programmers
Oct. 2012 – Present
- International Game Developers Association (IGDA) - Madison
Sept. 2012 – Present
- President's List